Kineaesthetic Kitchen: Food Challenges
for WJEC GCSE Food & Nutrition
Energise your students with these dynamic and hands-on food challenges!
Bringing learning to life!
15–20 stimulating ‘pick-up-and-go’ challenges – with teacher’s guidance and write-on worksheets – designed to maximise students’ investigative and research skills in preparation for the NEA and develop knowledge for the exam!
Teacher’s guidance and answers – for effortless delivery...
It provides easy to understand scaffolded food challenges that help prepare learners for assessment and reinforce theoretical content
- Comprehensive overview of each challenge – learning outcomes, safety tips, equipment and ingredients lists
- Clear and accessible instructions for all activities
- Answers included – perfect for peer and self-assessment
... easy to fit into any S.o.W – simplifying your planning and preparation!
Supports higher skilled areas and NEA 1 and 2 practical tasks, as well as learning scientific knowledge for exams
Challenges enable students to practice food preparation and sensory evaluation skills.
- Focused worksheets with well-thought-out activities – encourages students to document decisions, explore techniques, research findings and adapt their cooking methods.
- Thoughtful spec-specific questions and discussions – embeds theory and advances critical reflection and communication skills.
Are your students ready for the challenge?
What do teachers say about this resource? (8005, 8007, 8008)
I would recommend this resource to anyone who is about to embark on the food science section of the course. It provides easy to understand scaffolded food challenges that help prepare learners for assessment and reinforce theoretical content.
It is clearly laid out and easy to follow it clearly identifies the links to food science and learning outcomes at the start of every food challenge.
The teacher instructions/plan is easy to follow and save valuable planning time great for a non-specialist to get a foothold into food science and the NEA 1.
The resource benefit the students enormously by bring the specification to life and allowing practical learning and understanding to take place. Each challenge is clearly written to cater for the all abilities with the top students being pushed further with the extension questions which link the science behind the practical challenge. bringing learning to life!
Written in very accessible style, with lots of related questions to support the theoretical aspect of the course. The check sheets of method allow for students to manage their time throughout each challenge.
This resource aids with the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed to ensure that learners are fully prepared for this course with a combination theory and practical based challenges.
this resource provides the ideal structure to lead onto further food science lessons and investigations.
Fantastic resource! All aspects to a practical lesson are included and done so in a clear manner. Supports all higher skilled areas and also supports NEA 1 and 2 practical tasks, as well as learning all key areas linked to each practical to move all students on in terms of scientific knowledge for exams.
- GCSE WJEC Food and Nutrition (3560)
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Theory
- Unit 1 Principles of Food and Nutrition
- Cooking and Food Preparation
- Unit 2 Food and Nutrition in Action
- Non-exam Assessment (NEA)
- The Food Investigation Assessment
- The Food Preparation Assessment
- Food Commodities
- GCSE Food Challenges
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Food Challenges
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Practical