Kinaesthetic Kitchen: Food Challenges
for AQA GCSE Food Preparation & Nutrition
Energise your students with these dynamic and hands-on food challenges!
Supports higher skilled areas and NEA 1 and 2 practical tasks, as well as learning scientific knowledge for exams
15–20 stimulating ‘pick-up-and-go’ challenges – with teacher’s guidance and write-on worksheets – designed to maximise students’ investigative and research skills in preparation for the NEA and develop knowledge for the exam!
Teacher’s guidance and answers – for effortless delivery...
- Comprehensive overview of each challenge – learning outcomes, safety tips, equipment and ingredients lists
- Clear and accessible instructions for all activities
- Answers included – perfect for peer and self-assessment
... easy to fit into any S.o.W – simplifying your planning and preparation!
Challenges enable students to practice food preparation and sensory evaluation skills.
- Focused worksheets with well-thought-out activities – encourages students to document decisions, explore techniques, research findings and adapt their cooking methods.
- Thoughtful spec-specific questions and discussions – embeds theory and advances critical reflection and communication skills.
Are your students ready for the challenge?
What do teachers say about this resource? (8005,8007,8008)
Fantastic resource! All aspects to a practical lesson are included and done so in a clear manner. Supports all higher skilled areas and also supports NEA 1 and 2 practical tasks, as well as learning all key areas linked to each practical to move all students on in terms of scientific knowledge for exams.