Much Ado About Nothing: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Much Ado about Nothing combines the classic features of a Shakespearean comedy with deeper themes of deception, infidelity and mistaken identity. Unlock the meaning of the text with a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities from writing gossip columns to analysing Shakespearean insults. Carefully constructed to cover all aspects of the play, this pack perfectly complements the light-hearted tone of this mischievous text!
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Much Ado about Nothing is endorsed for the 2015 GCSE Edexcel English Specification
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.