Getting to Know... La Haine (2nd Edition)
- AQA AS and A Level
- Edexcel A Level only
- Eduqas A Level only
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this famous and polemic film directed by Mathieu Kassovitz (1995), which covers important issues such as immigration, life in the banlieues, racism, police brutality and criminality.
AS and A Level students will get to know La Haine inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exams.
Teachers who have never taught La Haine before should feel confident that this will be the only resource that they need to purchase. It is very complete and detailed and provides robust preparation for students taking their AS or A Level
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the logical structure offers the ideal balance between guided classwork and independent research:
- Before: Introductory tasks enable students to study the film’s social and political context, with activities on the banlieues and police violence.
- During: A comprehensive work-through of the film. Students will gain a deeper understanding of the film through comprehension and research tasks about significant scenes, themes and cinematic techniques.
- After: Essay-writing advice, exam-style practice questions, model essays and indicative content help students to apply what they have learnt – and refine exam technique!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7844)
This resource is of excellent quality and teachers who have never taught La Haine before should feel confident that this will be the only resource that they need to purchase. It is very complete and detailed and provides robust preparation for students taking their AS or A Level.
An excellent resource, with very useful and carefully considered extras. Extremely comprehensive, it covers everything the student needs, from an overview and background pre-viewing material, to tasks and key info to be used during the film (especially handy for setting homework which can be tricky when showing the film to students), to post-viewing exercises and exam techniques. It really is the only resource you need.
I thought it was an excellent resource. It is extremely comprehensive. It gave us an in-depth understanding of the themes and cinematographic techniques used in the film.
A great support to pupils and staff! Very clearly organised with good level of detail covered. It is attractive and therefore helps students to engage with it. I am a new teacher of La Haine and it gave me confidence, as I followed the resource content. A great support to pupils and staff!
- A Level AQA French (7652)
- A Level AQA French Getting to Know
- A Level AQA French Set Text
- A Level AQA French Writing
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French Set Text
- A Level Edexcel French Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French (A800)
- A Level Eduqas French Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French Set Text
- A Level Eduqas French Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level French
- A Level French Getting to Know
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- La Haine
- Mathieu Kassovitz