Antigone: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
A classic Greek tragedy, Sophocles’ interpretation of the Theban legend provides students with an abundance of theatrical possibilities to explore.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Antigone inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this thrilling pack is your one-stop shop!
- A level AQA Drama
- A Level Edexcel Drama
- A Level Play Guide
- AS AQA Drama
- Component 1: Drama and Theatre
- Component 1: Interpreting Drama
- Component 3: Theatre Makers in Practice
- Drama and Theatre
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Greek Theatre
- Play Guide
- Set Text
- Theatre Studies