Getting to Know... Volver (2nd Edition)
- AQA AS and A Level
- Edexcel AS and A Level
- WJEC A Level only
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of topics such as contemporary Spanish cinema, the role of women, religion, culture, relationships and more in this famous and well-loved film directed by Pedro Almodóvar (2006).
AS and A Level students will get to know Volver inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exams.
Excellent, comprehensive, well researched and imbuing the student with a wide background knowledge of the film and its themes as well as the socio-cultural background
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the logical structure offers the ideal balance between guided classwork and independent research:
- Before: Introductory tasks enable students to study aspects such as cultural references, immigration, the director and the actors.
- During: A comprehensive work-through of the film. Students will gain a deeper understanding of the film by analysing the characters and their relationships, themes, cinematic techniques and genre.
- After: Exam-style practice questions, model essays on key themes and indicative content help students to apply what they have learnt – and refine exam technique!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7785)
This is an excellent resource and has been updated well to reflect the changes in the new specifications. [...] The educational value of this resource is the amount of targeted content on the film and the range of activities that allow students to consider themes, characters and context in detail.
I thought this resource was excellent; comprehensive, well researched and imbuing the student with a wide background knowledge of the film and its themes as well as the socio-cultural background which is key to a full understanding of the themes and cinematography of “Volver” and Almódovar’s work.
This is a superb resource! It looks like a lifetime’s study and the students will be very privileged to receive it, as so much work has been done for them. It is a huge document with a plethora of valuable references. I wonder if Almodovar knows the film so well himself?!
- A Level WJEC Spanish Getting to Know
- Pedro Almodóvar
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Set Text
- A Level WJEC Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level WJEC Spanish (1810)
- A Level WJEC Spanish Writing
- A Level WJEC Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish (9SP0)
- A Level Spanish
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know