Stimulating Scenario Activities for GCSE Edexcel PE
A really useful homework task or revision aid towards the end of the course. S Lovatt, Lead Teacher, Examiner & Independent Reviewer
- Marquise the gymnast
- Eliza the decathlete
- Shane the wheelchair basketball player
- Leon the boxer
- Ethan – in the army
plus many more!
Demonstrate, apply & evaluate to get top marks!
Fifteen relatable scenarios from the field of Physical Activity and Sport – teamed up with stimulating and engaging activities, to get students exploring PE from all perspectives!
- Students practise applying their knowledge to performance and participation in a variety of physical activities
- Imaginative and accessible activities and questions – encourage competence in answering difficult questions
Stimulating Scenario Activities for GCSE Edexcel PE: Component 1 is endorsed for the 2016 GCSE Edexcel Physical Education Specification
Essential Exam Practice
- Practice exam questions and mark schemes
- Helpful tips – support students to become experts in their exam!
- Targeted development through Assessment Objectives – from AO1 knowledge to AO3 evaluation
What do teachers say about this resource? (7715)
'The resource was excellent. It was very detailed. The variety in both the types of task and the range of athletes used is important and gets pupils thinking about other sports and the way the knowledge can be applied in these. The educational value is high and would be useful to a class as a link to ongoing learning.' - W Finch, Acting HoD & Independent Reviewer
'It’s a different approach to reinforcing key parts of theory knowledge. There are a series of different performers with challenges/tasks linked to all areas of the Paper 1 syllabus.' - S Sabberton-Coe, PE and Sport Director & Customer
What do teachers say about this resource? (8000)
'The resource enhances learning by asking students to apply their knowledge... An important aspect for the exam.' - S Sheppard, PE Teacher and Independent Reviewer.
- Physical Education
- First teaching 2016
- Paper 1: Fitness and Body Systems
- Paper 2: Health and Performance
- 2018 exams
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Musculo-skeletal system
- Cardio-respiratory system
- anaerobic and aerobic exercise
- short term effects of exercise
- Movement analysis
- Lever systems
- Planes and axes of movement
- Physical training
- Health and fitness
- Components of fitness
- Principles of training
- Optimising training
- preventing injury
- warm up
- use of data
- sport Psychology
- Socio-cultural influences
- Fitness and Well-being.