Differentiated Homeworks for AQA GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
20 comprehensive and challenging homeworks fully covering all five topics of the AQA GCSE (9-1) Food Prep and Nutrition specification.
I would recommend this resource to anyone who is about to embark on the course...
...It provides easy to understand scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare students and tailor their learning experience
- Interesting and differentiated activities provide two versions of each homework – higher- and lower-ability – allowing you to tailor work to the needs of individual learners.
- Opportunities for application – bring theory to life – building connections between theory and practical food application – perfect for the new exams.
- Stimulating images improve students’ critical thinking and application skills.
- Extension tasks – stretch and challenge all abilities in practical and industry-based activities developed around the food preparation skills listed in the specification.
Supports formative assessment and enables the students to gauge attainment of knowledge at regular intervals which students will benefit from enormously
- Fully referenced against the specification to support curriculum planning and mapping
- Includes exam-style questions – drawing students’ focus back to exam preparation
- Answers provided for easy marking
What do teachers say about this resource? (7673)
I would recommend this resource to anyone who is about to embark on the course. It provides easy to understand scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare students and tailor their learning experience. The resource has a logical flow, but can also be dipped in and out of when needed by the teacher/assessor to support where necessary. It is clearly laid out and easy to follow, and the sections are clearly defined... The exam question and the extension task allow the student to apply their learning in an exam style answer. The resource supports formative assessment and enables the students to gauge attainment of knowledge at regular intervals which students will benefit from enormously. The sections can be peer marked to elevate the pressure of the teacher. Written in very accessible style, with lots of different scaffolded questions from multiple choice to extended answers with the two versions allowing for the mix of abilities within a classroom. A very valuable resource especially for those teaching food for the first time. Invaluable.
A useful resource that will help with saving teachers time. All of the homework tasks interlink with the key areas of the specification and are all review and revise activities and thus, are useful for students learning. I particularly liked the range of activities that were used in this resource and were not all the same so it will improve students engagement in the homeworks. I liked that the homework tasks appear to be worthwhile, and not just for the sake of setting homework. It is very helpful that there are exam questions throughout the resource too to show the significance of the topic for the exam. It will enhance learning as it will give students the opportunity to review and revise areas that they have covered in lessons. I feel that they will then act as revision resources once completed and marked. The comprehensive answers can also be used as a learning tool as students are able to peer or self mark, and then use the answers to help learning later. All tasks also have a stretch and challenge element, so will enhance the learning of the more able.
- 3.2 Food, Nutrition and Health
- 3.3 Food Science
- 3.4 Food Safety
- 3.5 Food Choice
- 3.6 Food Provenance
- GCSE AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition (8585)
- GCSE Differentiated Homeworks
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Differentiated Homeworks
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Theory
- GCSE Homeworks
- Paper 1 Food Preparation and Nutrition