Cultural and Topical Articles
for AS / A Level Year 1 Spanish (with English Translations)
Suitable for all boards
A series of articles to appeal to all students! Topics range from health and gastronomy to feminism, sports and communication technology.
Spanish texts with side-by-side English translations engage readers with contemporary and historical Spain and Latin America.
- Texts based on 2016 spec themes
- Ideal for topic-based reading
A tailored approach:
- Handpick sentences for translation (both ways)
- Spark topical debates
- Set reading or translation tasks in class or as homework
- Flexible level of support – students read Spanish only or both languages
What do teachers say about this resource? (7560)
I would definitely love to use this resource in both, GCSE and A Level. I find it crucial for Spanish learners to keep up to date with a general knowledge about Spain and Latin America. [...] The sections are not too long, the information is straightforward and it’s clear to students, making it an ideal resource for them to use independently.