Writing for Different Purposes & Audiences: Political Parties (Year 9)
Lively, student-friendly project packs with over 10 worksheets and handouts to use in class or as homework. Guide your class through an engaging scenario as they work towards creating their own meaningful independent writing.
Enables students to develop skills which will benefit them greatly in the non-fiction writing exam
Assuming roles from astronaut to secret service official, students gain valuable experience in writing for a range of purposes and audiences across fiction and non-fiction. With a clear focus on the new 2014 National Curriculum, your class will be completely prepared for the writing demands of GCSE English.
- Newspaper articles
- Travel writing
- Blog articles
- ... and many more!
- Appealing, relevant tasks based on modern media to captivate students
- Ideal blend of independent, pair and group work
- Heaps of extension tasks to challenge your high-fliers
Student support throughout
The concept of this is a brilliant one, and engages students in writing tasks in an interesting way
- Confidence-building preparation questions to aid the all-important planning process
- Activities to support every learner type - mind maps, presentations, role plays...
- Packed with checklists to keep students on track - great for AFL and quick marking
- Structured with example texts and sample activity answers for inspiration
- Plus handy tips and essential guidance on SPaG
Creating a Political Party (for Year 9)
Twelve engaging, debate-prompting activities guide students through the making of a political party from planning policy to selling it to voters. Writing and speaking skills are developed as pupils put forward their arguments. Activities include everything from logo design to manifesto writing and TV-style political debates!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7523)
The concept of this is a brilliant one, and engages students in writing tasks in an interesting way... the PSHE elements of this kind of activity tick off the SMSC element of the lessons. There is also plenty here, and it enables students to develop skills which will benefit them greatly in the non-fiction writing exam... engages students with the practical uses of language... Such a good concept, and really good activities.