Getting to Know… La casa de Bernarda Alba
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel AS & A Level
- Eduqas AS & A Level
- WJEC A Level
- CCEA A Level
This comprehensive resource for studying La Casa de Bernarda Alba – considered by some critics as Federico García Lorca’s greatest play – is specifically tailored to the AS and A Level exams.
A thorough yet accessible analysis of the entire play, with ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, analysis and practice exam questions. Students will know the play inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exam.
It will not only provide students and teachers with a wealth of useful and relevant information to guide them through all aspects of the play, it will also help students to develop their language skills for other parts of the AS and A2 exams
- Special sections on: characters, themes, sociocultural context, dramatic techniques and important scenes.
- Worksheets cover translation skills, grammar and language. By studying grammar and vocabulary in the context of the play, students develop language skills directly relevant to the exam.
- Exam-style questions split by board and level for exam preparation.
- Annotated model essays to help students plan and structure their answers.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7450)
Very useful – easy to photocopy. It goes into a lot of detail and addresses all key themes from the books. It helps them to analyse key quotes and events. It covers other skills as well as analysing the content of the book.
Well worth buying it! Very useful and relevant.
The exam style questions are fantastic and tailored to the different exam boards which is very helpful.
It is a fully comprehensive guide to the play. It covers all the important aspects needed to be successful when analysing and evaluating different questions about the text. The activities provided allow students to build their knowledge and then apply it in a way that is appropriate to answer essay questions.
I thought it was very well set out with clear instructions on how to use it. It is of the right level for students to get a clearer view of the text. It is very clear and gives tips to improve, for example in essay writing.
Hoping to improve year on year by using this to help me with my teaching of the book/play. It is quite clear to follow, includes a variety of essay questions and advice on how to write an essay.
A detailed and comprehensive resource that will not only provide students and teachers with a wealth of useful and relevant information to guide them through all aspects of the play, it will also help students to develop their language skills for other parts of the AS and A2 exams.
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish (9SP0)
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish (A810)
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level WJEC Getting to Know
- A Level WJEC Spanish (1810)
- A Level WJEC Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level WJEC Spanish Set Text
- A Level WJEC Spanish Writing
- Federico García Lorca
- La casa de Bernarda Alba
- The House of Bernarda Alba