Bridging the Gap from GCSE to A Level English Language
Demystify terminology and target tricky areas with this series of engaging, progressively challenging language activities. Tackling the transition from GCSE to A Level, this pack provides fun but thorough practice across the fundamentals of textual analysis.
Would greatly assist students in the transition phase from GCSE to A Level...
...Explicitly covers all aspects of the terminology that students will have encountered at GCSE but builds upon this knowledge to ensure continuity with progressively challenging activities
- Heaps of engaging activities clearly structured by each language level – easy to dip in and out of!
- Gradually builds in difficulty – ensuring students have the confidence to improve skills and expand understanding
- Enjoyable stimulus material across relevant text types from text messages to cooking instructions – perfect practice for applying knowledge to unseen extracts
- Great for all learners – providing ‘tips’ for weaker learners and ‘extension tasks’ for high achievers
- Answers to all activities included!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7392)
What a great idea... This resource is an excellent way of developing linguistic analysis at the end of GCSE, and the texts provided would also be useful unseens at GCSE level for revision, as well as extending the higher ability.
An excellent revision of terminology learned at GCSE through the English Language specification and introduction to the world of A Level English Language. The levels of language are covered and students have ownership of the level at which they are working and are provided with an understanding of how to meet/ hit each level. I like the flexibility in how the resource can be used... The notion that the activities are devised to build self-confidence ... also appeals to me... The resource explicitly covers all aspects of the terminology that students will have encountered at GCSE but builds upon this knowledge to ensure continuity with progressively challenging activities... Would greatly assist students in the transition phase from GCSE to A Level.
Delivers on its promise. A student mastering the content in this resource would have a strong foundation for A Level Language... It reviews content from GCSE and by explicitly referring to known concepts [and] builds towards the new... Lots of great content in here. Congratulations!