Getting to Know... Boule de suif
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel AS & A Level
- Eduqas A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Maupassant's most famous collection of short stories. Students will get to know Boule de suif et autres contes de la guerre inside out and be fully prepared for AS and A Level writing exams.
Excellent... The background sections at the beginning and the notes on Maupassant's attitude to writing all encourage a thorough understanding of one of France's great writers.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks to prepare students – with specific focus on the historical context of the Franco-Prussian War and Maupassant's philosophy.
- During: Comprehensive story-by-story work-through to ensure thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the narrative through vocabulary, comprehension, translation, speaking and writing exercises.
- 'Boule de suif', 'La mère Sauvage', 'Un duel' and 'Deux amis' all covered.
- Includes dedicated section on analysis of structure, form, themes, characters, settings and interpretations.
- After: Dedicated exam-preparation section with exam-style practice questions and essay-writing guidance.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7209)
Excellent... I am most impressed by the quality of this resource.The background sections at the beginning and the notes on Maupassant's attitude to writing all encourage a thorough understanding of the creative genius of one of France's great writers... The different pseudonyms section gave a valuable insight into the character of the writer. There is a good detailed study of each short story. After this section, the student's knowledge, both lexical and of the content of each "conte" should be excellent. The vocabulary lists are very helpful for study and later essay writing. The detailed study of themes and of Maupassant's attitude to writing give a good basis for essay writing. There is a wide choice of exercises and activities to familiarise students with each aspect of the book. At every stage, knowledge is consolidated.
- A Level AQA French (7652)
- A Level AQA French Getting to Know
- A Level AQA French Set Text
- A Level AQA French Writing
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French Set Text
- A Level Edexcel French Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French (A800)
- A Level Eduqas French Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French Set Text
- A Level Eduqas French Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level French
- A Level French Getting to Know
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- Boule de suif
- Guy de Maupassant