Course Companions for AQA GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
Very detailed... with application to classroom and industry
Keep your students on the right track with these clear and digestible course notes.
Written in a student-friendly language and organised in specification order, including:
- A topic overview page, with clear learning outcomes and key terms – maintain focus and build familiarity with need-to-know terms
- Accessible notes at an appropriate level engage read-write learners
- End-of-topic exam-style questions and answers to assess learning
- Thought-provoking images and diagrams to stimulate visual learners
Great detail and content was excellent
Build and apply knowledge…
- ‘Apply’, ‘Did you know’ and ‘Research’ boxes inspire further study and encourage application of knowledge to food industries
- Practical ‘skills’ activities nurture students’ preparation and cooking skills – great for kinaesthetic learners
- Exam tips provide helpful methods to memorise key content
‘Things to think about’ provides
opportunities for in-class discussion springboards
What do teachers say about this resource? (7534)
Great detail and content was excellent. The apply sections provide excellent practical activities to further enhance learning.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7161)
A very good resource. Very detailed in the areas that it covers with application to classroom and industry. I like the graphics, ‘did you know’ boxes, interspaced with quizzes, questions and exercises.
I think that this resource would be great to use as a revision tool. It will provide a back up to information taught within lessons and should allow students to review and consolidate knowledge. The resource contains a range of relevant theoretical knowledge and key terms.