Literary Criticism Companion for AS/A Level
Get to grips with the often challenging world of Literary Criticism with these versatile notes and activities specifically designed for A Level English Literature.
Strengthen understanding with detailed yet accessible notes on key theorists, concepts, critics and quotes.
The selection of theorists in focus is really indicative of what I would have recommended my students to engage with
- Break down key movements including Psychoanalysis, Marxism, Feminism and New Historicism.
- Plus enhance learning with varied activities including extension tasks for high achievers.
Equip students to integrate criticism into their exam answers and achieve top marks across AOs.
- Indispensable essay advice, annotated sample paragraphs and practice essay questions.
Supports [students'] independent studies
- Timeline of Literary Criticism
- Key term glossary and jumbo crossword – great for revision!
- Answers to all activities
What do teachers say about this resource? (7157)
A really useful and easy-to-use resource. The information was appropriate and communicated in a manner that is easy to understand and follow.
It is easy for students to use and support their independent studies.
A cracking little resource! The selection of theorists in focus is really indicative of what I would have recommended my students to engage with so I feel that these are appropriate and useful for the demands of the new A-Level specifications.
- Germaine Greer
- Elaine Showalter
- Michel Foucault
- Stephen Greenblatt
- Julia Kristeva
- Karl Marx
- Terry Eagleton
- Simone de Beauvoir
- Sigmund Freud
- A level English Literature
- Literary Criticism
- A Level AQA A English Literature (7712)
- A Level AQA B English Literature (7717)
- A Level CCEA English Literature (5114)
- A Level Edexcel English Literature (9ET0)
- A Level Eduqas English Literature (QA720)
- A Level OCR English Literature (H472)
- A Level WJEC English Literature (1720)