Jane Eyre: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
This comprehensive activity bank will strengthen and deepen students’ understanding of Charlotte Brontë’s multifaceted novel. With over 100 stimulating, ready-to-use activities, covering all aspects of the novel, you’re sure to find something to suit your class.
Well paced and sufficiently involving to keep a class focused as they progress through the novel... An ample range of questions for students to address, and the assessment objective focus of these questions is clearly indicated
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. An ideal complement to the Study Guide for this text.
Plus! Suggested answers included – and teacher notes for effortless planning!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7153)
Well paced and sufficiently involving to keep a class focused as they progress through the novel. There is plenty of guidance on additional research that the students might conduct as well as suggestion relating to historical points of interest... The writer has provided an ample range of questions for students to address, and the assessment objective focus of these questions is clearly indicated... The tone of the resource was admirably serious throughout; the writer has produced a resource that doesn't flinch from treating the details of the novel with respect. Their attention to encouraging a close reading of the text, chapter by chapter, paragraph by paragraph, line by line, is clearly articulated in the various activities.