Machinal: A Complete Text Guide for AS & A Level
This is a fantastic resource!!
Expressionist theatre at its most innovative! The study of Sophie Treadwell’s ground breaking play offers unrivalled opportunity for exciting experimentation and imaginative interpretation.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Machinal inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Episode-by-episode walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this dynamic pack is your one-stop shop!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7135)
This is a clear, concise and innovative resource that offers a range of opportunities for the students across the different A-Level specifications identified. The language used is appropriate for the target audience and examples are consistently offered throughout the body of the resource for complete clarity. The author has clearly spent a lot of time considering how to tackle the text in a way that is accessible for a range of ability levels. There is a consistent offer of directed questioning as relevant to the learning outcomes and both practical/ theoretical study has been included. This is a fantastic resource!!
- Set Text
- Play Guide
- Drama and Theatre
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Theatre Studies
- AS Edexcel Drama
- A Level Edexcel Drama
- Component 2: Theatre Makers in Practice
- Component 3: Theatre Makers in Practice
- AS Eduqas Drama
- A Level Eduqas Drama
- Component 2: Text in Context
- Component 3: Text in Performance
- Sophie Treadwell
- Expressionist Theatre