DNA: Springboard Scheme of Work for GCSE Drama
- Edexcel 2016 spec
- Eduqas 2016 spec
Introduce Dennis Kelly’s darkly disturbing play in a practical way with this eight-lesson, ready-to-use springboard scheme of work!
Covering key thematic and theatrical elements, it will help students to gain solid grounding of the events of the text while exploring performance, design and directorial aspects:
- Eight one-hour lessons explore all relevant aspects of the play – including context, characters, themes, form, and staging
- Key moments from each act covered
- Lesson plans with starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks, plus plenty of ideas for differentiation
- Variety of practical activities engages students with active exploration, experimentation and peer- and self-evaluation
- Ready-to-use handouts mean minimal preparation – also perfect as quick, end-of-year revision sheets!
An excellent introductory scheme for the text
Fully geared towards the 2016 GCSE Drama specifications, these exciting and engaging lessons will increase students’ core knowledge – and develop crucial dramatic skills.
Perfect preparation for not only the written exam, but for any other component of the course!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7112)
This would serve as an excellent introductory scheme for the text
Excellent resource, it gave me great starting points for the creation of a good SOW. The tasks were varied and creative! It allowed me to use them and build on them. I am yet to teach this to my students but it helped me structure lessons effectively. It matches well with the Edexcel spec
- Bringing Texts to Life
- Drama Lesson Plans
- GCSE AQA Drama (8261)
- GCSE Drama
- GCSE Drama Scheme of Work
- GCSE Drama Springboard Scheme of Work
- GCSE Edexcel Drama (1DR0)
- GCSE Eduqas Drama (C690)
- GCSE OCR Drama (J316)
- GCSE Scheme of Work
- GCSE WJEC Drama (3690)
- Interpreting Theatre
- Set Text
- Study of Set Text
- Texts in Practice
- Theatre Makers in Practice
- Understanding Drama