Mind Maps with Activities for AS/A Level
A3 mind maps with activities provide a dynamic and visual addition to set text study at AS and A Level.
A comprehensive resource that covers all key aspects that pupils need to understand...
...The visual nature of the resource provides excellent opportunities for pupils to link context more meaningfully to the text
Encourage focused and creative analysis of key ideas with the combination of notes and activities. Ideal for learning, revision, and developing independent thinking:
- Visually appealing, concise summaries of essential literary
- Topics include: context, key chapters, language, structure & form, characterisation, themes, key quotations, genre, literary interpretations and critical reception
- Stimulating write-on activities to ensure engagement
- Including completing mind maps with key information and quotations, discussion prompts, character studies and much more!
- When completed, mind maps provide valuable revision posters
- Suggested content and answers provided for a selection of tasks
The activities and structure of a mind map invite a more creative response and synthesis of overarching themes...
...Their visual nature will help students to retain the key points
Makes texts accessible for all abilities and learner types:
- Breaks complex ideas down into manageable and interesting formats
- Helps make links between ideas, and aids recall of key points
What do teachers say about this resource? (7068)
A comprehensive resource that covers all key aspects that pupils need to understand... The chapter analysis is very helpful in supporting the revision and comprehension of a challenging novel... The mind map tasks are a useful focal point for research which can be individual or group. They are a useful visual revision tool and can be used to support feedback on research to the class... [The resource] includes probing questions which invite pupils to engage deeply with the text... I like the suggested answers to the mind map tasks... The visual nature of the resource provides excellent opportunities for pupils to link context more meaningfully to the text... I think it is excellent...
What do teachers say about this resource? (7567)
A thorough, interesting and engaging resource that meets the criteria of my specification... I particularly liked the accessibility of this resource; the fact that it's arranged into discrete mind maps is perfect for both class and home use. Also, it promotes active learning with focused and appropriately modelled tasks which promote independent learning. Context (AO3) is handled particularly well ... and I was pleased to see detailed work on Literary Criticism (AO5) included as in order to access the upper grade bands, students should be comfortable exploring this area... [The resource] allows students to work at their own pace while providing lots of opportunity for extension. I particularly like the fact that it is an A Level resource that doesn't just simply include notes to facilitate a 'chalk and talk' style of A Level teaching.
A very well organised resource that methodically worked its way through the text and identified key aspects relevant to the different AOs... I really liked the way in which it was structured to be used for either class discussion or prep activities and how it could supplement teaching of the text... The way in which the various mind maps encourage learners to interact with the text and think more deeply makes this an enriching resource that will educationally benefit pupils... I really liked the way in which it gave a range of critical references and responses, some contemporary and some from the present day.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7071)
A very useful revision tool, helping students to get a very good overview of the text... I like the timeline of Scott and Zelda – a very useful visual summary... The mind maps on technical terms are a very useful tool to support aspects that pupils often overlook... The activities and structure of a mind map invite a more creative response and synthesis of overarching themes, ideas of symbolism... [Contains] a range of engaging revision activities that would help deepen and reinforce ... students’ understanding of the novel and hence their ability to write a high-scoring response to it in an exam... I really like the mind maps which facilitate the revision and reflection on the two chapters at a time. I think their visual nature will help students to retain the key points.
- A level English Literature
- A Level Edexcel English Literature (9ET0)
- Component 1: Drama
- A Level English Mind Maps
- William Shakespeare
- A Level OCR English Literature (H472)
- Bram Stoker
- Comparative and contextual study
- Component 2: Prose
- Gothic Literature
- The Gothic
- The Supernatural
- Mary Shelley
- Science and Society
- A Level AQA A English Literature (7712)
- Paper 1: Love through the Ages
- Love through the Ages Pre-1900
- Charlotte Brontë
- A Level AQA B English Literature (7717)
- Elements of political and social protest writing
- Paper 2: Texts and Genres
- William Blake
- American Literature 1880-1940
- American Literature
- Paper 1: Literary Genres
- Aspects of Tragedy
- Love through the Ages Post-1900
- F Scott Fitzgerald
- Khaled Hosseini
- Emily Bronte
- Women and Society