Silas Marner: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
A hard-working but miserly linen weaver is outcast from his community, robbed of his living and loses all faith in this seemingly simple tale.
Can a child inspire him to reconnect with his village and his religion? Go deeper into Eliot’s classic and sophisticated narrative with thorough analysis and thought-provoking tasks.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Includes suggested answers to relevant tasks.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7058)
It covers the key themes and provides character notes.