Student Guides to Texts and Genres for A Level AQA B
Elements of Crime Writing / Elements of Political and Social Protest Writing
These comprehensive resources, full of thematic notes, literary extracts and skills-based activities, are perfect preparation for Paper 2 – whichever genre you choose.
The definitive companions for teaching Texts and Genres!
An excellent resource... covers everything that my students would need to prepare for this exam.
- Need-to-know introduction to the genre, with timeline of key texts – engage your class from day one!
- Thematic notes on key topics group all the elements in the spec into manageable sections
- Including literary extracts from set texts and other key works of the genre analysed throughout
- Reflective activities consolidate learning and encourage active engagement
- Essay-skills activities build confidence for the exam, focusing on planning, re-drafting, introductions and conclusions, and focused writing
- Glossary of key contextual and literary terms helps build critical vocabulary for AO1 and AO3
- Answers or indicative content for all activities, and a peer-marking essay checklist, make marking simple
These companions will take you right through the course – use as an introduction to the topic, hand out sections as part of your scheme of work, and use for exam preparation.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7046)
Excellent... Student-friendly, relevant and detailed. Reflective activities are effective and encourage students to think carefully and critically about the key texts. They also encourage independent research and independent learning. Clever and effective examples from other texts... An informative, detailed and well structured student guide that will be of tremendous benefit to teachers and students alike. I would definitely use this resource.
Some of the student activities were brilliant.
The general overview of the genre is very informative.
A good summary of the exam and overview for teachers is provided.
An excellent resource, entirely suited to the new specification and covers everything that I could think of that my students would need in order to prepare for this examination.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7096)
Excellent for inviting students to think and make connections between historical events, contexts and texts.
An extremely comprehensive resource as there is a relative scarcity of material such as this on the market. The sections were very clear and useful and the organisation of material excellent... Very useful for wider reading and for the unseen section and guides students to look at the other texts they may not be studying... Each section had useful reflective activities which contain nice ideas to carry out in class... The educational value of this resource for both teachers and students is huge. It gives an excellent grounding in key literary history (something which resources often lack) and the key elements of social and political protest ... Very useful to have exam questions and indicative content at the end of the resource... A fantastic and scarce resource.
The contextual detail was excellent.