Getting to Know... Las 13 Rosas
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel AS & A Level
- Eduqas A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this tragic, true-to-life story. Students will get to know the film Las 13 rosas inside out and be fully prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
One of the best resources I have reviewed in ages, clearly a lot of research has gone into it!!!
- Before: Introductory tasks covering elements such as historical context and cinematic techniques provide students with the basic knowledge to begin their study.
- During: The comprehensive scene-by-scene analysis ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the events of the play while examining related themes and issues. Activities include vocabulary, translation, comprehension, grammar, writing, speaking and more.
- Includes Full analysis of themes, characters, symbolism, style and structure encourages students to think critically about the film and evaluate its wider relevance.
This is an amazingly detailed and comprehensive resource ... The variety is immense
- After: Dedicated exam-preparation section helps students to apply what they have learnt. With exam-style practice questions, essay-writing guidance and sample answers.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6979)
Fabulous. I like the range of activities, the grammatical areas covered (ser/estar, por/para, tenses, subjunctive, if clauses, high frequency words, converting verbs into nouns) , the structure, the variety, the order, the use of language. The scaffolding of tasks provides appropriate support. (...) One of the best resources I have reviewed in ages, clearly a lot of research has gone into it!!! I cannot wait to teach this film, congratulations.
This is an amazingly detailed and comprehensive resource (...) the variety is immense. The speaking activities look engaging. There is a huge amount of independent internet research for students to do. The inclusion of cinema techniques is good and this study guide really will deepen their understanding of Spanish history and of cinema in general.
Great resource, with lots of useful activities (...) I like many things about the resource, such as that it includes a variety of resources: internet, audiovisual media, etc. It has a great selection of internet sites to help students with their research while at the same time it encourages wide reading and personal initiative and provides students with opportunities for further research at every step.
This is a good resource and I can see how much time and effort the author has spent putting all of this together. It is a very thorough material which allows teachers to work with the resource in the order suggested or to choose the activities that better serve their learning objectives. Because of the key to the exercises is it ideal as independent study material. This compilation of activities that can be used for any student of advanced level Spanish.
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish (9SP0)
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish (A810)
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know
- Carlos Lï¿½pez Fonseca
- Emilio Martï¿½nez-Lï¿½zaro
- Las 13 Rosas