Unseen Fiction / Non-Fiction Preparation Packs for GCSE AQA
Boost students’ confidence in analysing unseen fiction and non-fiction texts with these rich and comprehensive banks of ❶ extracts with ❷ student activities and ❸ exam-style questions.
Full preparation for the reading sections of the AQA GCSE English Language specification:❶ Carefully considered extracts
- Includes 8 debate-provoking extracts – or pairs of extracts for comparative packs
- Wide range of intriguing themes from secret societies to beauty blogging – mirrors the unpredictability of the Reading exams and prepares students for tricky texts
- Clearly structured pre-reading, comprehension and analysis activities for each extract
- Develop key analytical skills needed for exam success
- Answers to all activities – ideal for quick marking!
1. Scaffolded activities allow lower-ability students a straightforward way into the text.
2. Higher-ability sheets challenge fast finishers!
❸ Exam-style questions for every question type
- Apply learning and improve exam technique
- Plus! Full student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement
Embed in lesson plans or hand out for individual study!
The variety of individual and pair-work tasks is excellent. The wide range of tasks would effectively prepare pupils for all tasks in the exam. Skills are revisited throughout so that skills are constantly checked, revisited and consolidated. S Freeburn, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer (on Identity Pack for AQA)