Pride and Prejudice: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
There are plenty of literary aspects to examine in Austen’s peerless novel of manners, and this wide-ranging resource allows students to explore them all. Special features include regular analysis of Austen’s use of humour, and summaries of literary devices in each chapter. The variety of tasks included and the differentiation advice make this creative and stimulating pack suitable for all.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.