Stimulating Scenario Activities for GCSE AQA PE
Demonstrate, apply & evaluate to get top marks!
Fifteen relatable scenarios from the field of Physical Activity and Sport – teamed up with stimulating and engaging activities, to get students exploring AQA (9-1) GCSE PE from all perspectives!
The scenario idea allows context to be applied to the content which I can imagine will help to engage pupils in the learning process
- Students practise applying their knowledge to performance and participation in a variety of physical activities
- Imaginative and accessible activities and questions – encourage competence in answering difficult questions
Essential Exam Practice
- Practice exam questions and mark schemes
- Helpful tips – support students to become experts in their exam!
- Targeted development through Assessment Objectives – from AO1 knowledge to AO3 evaluation
A resource that encourages students to apply their knowledge allows for a deeper understanding as well as a better chance of securing marks in examinations
What do teachers say about this resource? (6955)
An excellent resource that can be dipped in and out of for some useful tasks to support delivery of the paper 2 elements of the AQA GCSE course. The scenario idea allows context to be applied to the content which I can imagine will help to engage pupils in the learning process. I really like that it is scenario based allowing pupils to look at a range of topics, this could be useful for revision but also the tasks could be picked out as the course is being delivered for specific learning goals. This will have a benefit in terms of teacher planning, ready made resources can be used or adapted to make bespoke for the learning needs of the pupils within a specific setting. It will add variety to delivery and prevent tedium for learners. One of the best resources I have reviewed... a really useful tool.
It forces students to apply their knowledge and create links, taking their understanding further than just the recall of knowledge.
Useful. Can use for class work or homework. Variety of type of questions for pupils to apply knowledge.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6890)
Very good resource for building on AO1 knowledge and creating synoptic links across different topics in preparation for longer answer questions. Having a resource that encourages students to apply their knowledge allows for a deeper understanding as well as a better chance of securing marks in examinations.
Useful tool to use as a practice questions for pupils. Liked scenarios which are similar to exam questions. Not many other practice scenario questions available. Highlights topics students struggling with. Would recommend – useful tool in preparation for exam.
A good resource that would be a really useful homework task or revision aid towards the end of the course. I liked that you have used colour [PDF & Word versions only]... it clearly makes it more engaging. The tasks are simple and to the point and will enable most learners to access them.
- 3.1 The human body and movement in physical activity and sport
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- GCSE AQA Physical Education (8582)
- GCSE PE
- GCSE PE Stimulating Scenario Activities
- Movement analysis
- Physical training
- Use of data
- 3.2 Socio-cultural influences and well-being in physical activity and sport
- Health, fitness and well-being
- Socio-cultural influences
- Sports psychology