Teaching Packs for BTEC L3 Sport
Unit 4 is endorsed for use with the BTEC in Sport Level 3 specification (2016).
A complete teaching resource to support you step by step through every guided learning hour from Units 1, 2 and 4 of the BTEC Nationals in Sport.
Simplify your planning and preparation and revitalise your teaching!
- 20-26 structured lessons
- Additional lessons for recapping, observing, interviewing, researching, practising, presenting and more…
- Reusable templates for multiple lesson use and to support lower abilities
- Structured theory and practical lesson plans – lesson aims, starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks.
- Comprehensive and accessible course notes – cover key theory your students need to know to support their revision and complement their assignments.
- Innovative and varied activities inspire students with different learning styles to consolidate learning.
- An appendix of additional resources – to support independent study, work experience, guest speakers and more.
- Two original and engaging assignments – covering all assessment criteria for the unit.
- 47 PowerPoint slides to engage your learners
Lessons can be taught as a complete SOW, but also stand-alone!
Complete your practice for the examined units with:
Practice Assessments for unit 1 and unit 2
What do teachers say about this resource? (11471)
The resource is very suitable for Level 3 BTEC learners as it closely matches the unit content of the specifications in same order as they appear in the specs. Many of the lessons, guidance notes and activities are of a high quality. There is a range of different activities on the worksheets to keep the learners engaged with some exam style questions, filling in tables, labelling body parts and matching terms to their definitions. Some of the guidance notes in particular are vey good with nice visual images and diagrams to help enhance learning.
Consideration has been given to different level questions that will appear in exams. For example, for traditional 1 or 2 mark questions, the activities or often quite basic identify / describe tasks but for typical 4+ mark questions, activities are more analytical and require more detail which replicates the exam. All labelling activities are appropriate as they replicate exactly what learners would be required to do in the final exam. In the exam, there are occasions where learners need to complete tables so activities like A3. Learning Activity replicate this type of question which is good.
The visuals are very nice on the energy systems section in particular with really clear diagrams which would enhance learning and I really like the exam tips section of the guidance notes. I like the practical activities which give the learners an opportunity to put their theory learning into practice. It is sometimes difficult to incorporate some of the unit content into practical so I think that has been done well here. This will help to engage the learners more and gives a bit of variety than just teaching purely theory with no practical application. Overall the resource has a nice range of activities, it presented very nicely and would definitely support learners to achieve a good grade on the exam.
This resource provides the scaffolding required to support learners to achieve well on the exam.
What do teachers say about this resource? (11742)
The resource is very suitable for Level 3 BTEC learners as it closely matches the unit content of the specifications. Many of the lessons, guidance notes and activities are of a high quality. There is a range of different activities on the worksheets to keep the learners engaged with some filling in tables, matching key words with descriptions and diagrams as well as case studies that will prepare students for the types of activities they will be required to do in their exams. Some of the guidance notes in particular are very good with nice visual images and diagrams to help enhance learning. Lessons and activities are structured in the same order as the unit content, so they flow in a logical order and progressively. There is full coverage of the unit content and exactly the same terminology is used in the lesson plans, guidance notes and activities as they appear in the specs to avoid any confusion. All activities are appropriate and link directly to the requirements as they replicate what students would be expected to do in the exam. Overall the resource has some useful and relevant activities, is presented in a logical and clean format and would definitely support learners to achieve a good grade on the exam. The worksheets in particular are very easy to understand and complete and would enrich learning.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6740)
Overall I think the resource is very good. It has a good range of activities that learners will enjoy completing. The lesson plans that feature throughout will support teachers who have never taught the unit before, the detail in these plans shows that great thought has been put into making the lessons engaging.
Good range of teaching materials - with a range of tasks to suit all learners. Fantastic for students but also for staff to have a framework to support their lesson delivery. Clear, key subject specific words clearly identified and a really usable resource that would enable students to learn and develop.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Sport (603/0458/3)
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Fitness Services (601/7215/0)
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport (603/0460/1)
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport (601/7218/6)
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma Sport (603/0459/5)
- BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Sport (601/7220/4)
- BTEC National Level 3 Sport Teaching Pack
- BTEC Nationals
- BTEC Teaching Pack
- Pearson BTEC
- Sport (2016)
- Unit 1
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Unit 2
- Sports Leadership