Stretch and Challenge for GCSE AQA German
Available for Listening and Reading. (Speaking and Writing coming soon!)
The fun, fresh approach to differentiation
Reward your fast finishers! Engaging, ready-to-use, skills-focused packs of independent exercises to enthuse high achievers.
An excellent bank of materials
- A wide range of original stimulus material covering different types of sources
- A wealth of fun and engaging tasks, such as games, cryptograms, taboo, speed-dating and races – enjoyable extra work for G&T students
- Clearly marked individual, pair and group tasks with each topic – flexible resource suitable for individual extension work and whole-class use by able groups
Will stretch and challenge any students doing GCSE German, while also preparing them for AS Level and beyond
Plus! A close focus on exam success:
- All 2016 GCSE AQA Topics covered
- Additional grammar support deals specifically with the trickiest points from the Higher Tier list
- Clear links to useful exam skills, with a cross-reference grid (reading) or useful phrases (speaking) provided at the start of the resource
What do teachers say about this resource? (6625)
This resource is fantastic – the texts are levelled appropriately for the most able students in the class who need to be challenged to develop their vocabulary and comprehension skills of difficult source material [...] I think the author has put a lot of time and effort into creating texts which will enable teachers to get the most out of their lessons in a creative way, and the texts fit perfectly to the demands of the challenging new GCSE specification.
This is an excellent resource, all topics and language are relevant for stretch and challenge. There are lots of interesting activities linked to each text. I also like the varied formats, such as letters/restaurant reviews etc. All topics are linked to the new spec.
I most liked the range of exercises and activities offered to assess comprehension, some of which are quite original and a little quirky. The code breaking exercises will, I think, appeal to certain types of able Germanists, and some of the activities based on turning over cards were also inventive. Beyond the immediate topic range of the spec, there are many good references to/opportunities to develop skills and strategies, which many students should find helpful – eg cognates, false friends, synonyms etc.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7662)
Extremely useful for more able pupils. The level is challenging but the activities are accessible and provide the necessary scaffolding to make the most of the listening comprehension activities. Use this resource to help boost your pupils listening skills from an 8 to a 9, and with some support it can be used to move those stuck on a 5/6 onto a 7/8.
This listening resource is an excellent bank of materials which will stretch and challenge any students doing GCSE German, while also preparing them for AS Level and beyond.