Love Through the Ages Pre- and Post-1900 AS/A Level AQA A Poetry Companions (Exam from 2016)
- Designed to be co-teachable for AS and A Level.
- AO references throughout link learning directly to the exam.
Comprehensive companions enhance students' discovery of these new poetry anthologies.
Carefully structured to guide students through the entire process towards writing top-graded essays, these companions:
Introduce the key skills for analysing poetry
Explanations and examples of all the poetic terminology needed. Form, Structure and Language are all explored (areas where students sometimes struggle in understanding).
Focus on each poem
- Pre-reading engages students through independent research
- Glossary aids understanding of unfamiliar terms
- Questions with suggested answers aid analysis and build confidence
- Critical views focus on AO5, while extension tasks stretch the more able
Link it all together
Explores common themes, so that students can learn to compare and contrast while also undertaking useful revision.
Help students to develop essay technique
- Essay-writing advice - understand what the examiners will be looking for
- Sample plans - learn to structure essays for best results
- Exemplar essays - know what is required for the highest marks!
Plus! For pre-1900 only: Help auditory learners - all 14 poems are on an accompanying CD
- Readings can be played in class or uploaded onto a VLE
- Breathe life into study - fully engage students
- Familiarise students with key aspects of spoken poetry - including metre, rhyme and rhythm
- Read aloud by experienced West End actors!