KS3 Teaching Pack - Enquiries in British History Pre 1066
12-lesson scheme of work designed specifically for the 2014 National Curriculum topic.
Engaging and well-thought-out scheme, designed around specified learning objectives. Simplify your planning, preparation and marking with structured lesson plans.
Write-on accessible worksheets with innovative activities to tackle each topic and era, with answers provided.
Engaging and helps to bring History to life
All supported by PowerPoint presentations for every lesson – ticks all the boxes!
- Varied activities including starters, mains, plenaries, homework and extension
- Maps, photographs and hand-drawn diagrams support visual learners and help bring each topic to life
- Primary and secondary sources are intergrated throughout – perfect for developing those all-important historical enquiry skills
Very valuable for all ranges of pupils
What do teachers say about this resource? (6542)
I like the worksheets and I think that they provide a variety of tasks for the students. I particularly like the ‘Artefacts for Skara Brae’ activity – this is something that students will find engaging and helps to bring History to life. The source activity is very good and akin to GCSE style tasks which is good to start at an early age!
I thought the pack was well produced, comprehensive, and easy to use. I liked the way it was set out clearly with a contents page which was easy to reference and resources were clearly identified in the lesson plans and easy to find within the pack. Activities are fun and engaging for students, with good variety. Links to wider resources/video clips etc. were very helpful. The PowerPoints were attractive and engaging, allowing a starting point for personalisation. Comprehensively addresses the demands of the National Curriculum.
Very user friendly and suitable for a non-specialist to follow. It is very valuable for all ranges of pupils, you can differentiate the work quite easily.
- theme in British history that consolidates and extends pupils’ chronological knowledge from before 1066
- impact through time of the migration of people to
- from and within the British Isles
- KS3 History
- Enquiries in British History Pre-1066
- Britain’s changing landscape from the Iron Age to the present
- National Curriculum