Getting to Know... Las bicicletas son para el verano
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel AS & A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this classic story of life during the Spanish Civil War. Students will get to know the play Las bicicletas son para el verano inside out and be fully prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
A great resource. It is engaging, it has a great variety of activities, links to extra material and it requires an active role of students at all times
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering social and cultural context and the author and his influences provide students with the basic knowledge to begin their study. Includes research exercises.
- During: The comprehensive scene-by-scene analysis ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the events of the play while examining related themes and issues. Activities include vocab, translation, comprehension and more.
- After: Full analysis of themes, characters, symbolism, style and structure encourages students to think critically about the play and evaluate its wider relevance. Dedicated exam-preparation section helps students to apply what they have learnt. Includes exam-style practice questions, essay-writing guidance, sample answers and marking activities.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6519)
It is a great resource. It is engaging (it uses prediction, it connects with students previous knowledge, it creates groups work, it requires creative skills, …), it has a great variety of activities and links to extra material (extra resources for stronger students) and it requires an active role ofstudents at all times. The resource offers meaningful and varied activities, contextualised key-vocabulary, an approach to Spain´s most crucial recent historical event (the civil war and the division between a very traditional part of the society and more liberal sectors) and the effect it had in people’s life, as well as to one of its most relevant actors / writers, covers the four main skills and the common activities for AS and A Level.
A very useful guide to this text. There are few resources currently available for the teaching of this text and so this resource will prove invaluable to all teachers, whether experienced or new to teaching. The guide covers the plot very well and there are sections on areas such as themes, imagery, language, special effects and symbols. All of these are requirements of the new specification.
- Bicycles are for the Summer
- Jaime Chávarri
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Spanish (A810)
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Getting to Know
- Las bicicletas son para el verano
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know