Teaching through Roles: Sport Education Guide to Games
Complete 8-week courses applying the Sport Education Model to individual sports, including teacher’s guide and student workbooks for each role. Empower students to take responsibility for learning, assess performance and stay motivated as a Captain, Manager, Official, Player, Fitness Instructor or Statistician.
Flip the responsibility!
Workbooks provide opportunities for each student to plan, lead and evaluate across 8 weeks, building towards a final tournament.
- Focused and clear write-on tasks – for each role and every lesson – provide students with a deeper understanding of sporting roles beyond the performer
- Concise, accessible instructions engage students as independent learners
- Explicit AfL opportunities – weekly progress, peer feedback and self-assessments – ‘What went well’, ‘Even better if’ and ‘Rate yourself’
Fully Resourced – Easy to prepare, facilitate and assess learning
- Comprehensive teacher’s guide: 8 detailed lesson plans, plus overviews of the model, roles and scoring system
- Activities provided in 2 formats:
- A5 write-on workbooks for students to keep
- A4 task sheets to pull out for each lesson
The step-by-step activities are clear and easy to follow... Each lesson is different and allows student to work collaboratively and independent of the teacher. P. Kilroy, Teacher & Independent Reviewer