Outdoor Adventurous Activities (without going off-site)
22 physical and intellectual challenges developing a range of key transferable and life-based skills without the need to go offsite. Carefully constructed pair, small-group and whole-class activities get students planning, leading, debating, cooperating and analysing performance. Great for use as full lesson activities or as warm-ups/icebreakers.
A resource you can grab off the shelf and deliver without any time-consuming prep
- Clear defined aims – demonstrating the skills being developed during each challenge
- Step-by-step instructions and key rules – focused towards student-led learning!
- ‘Make it Harder’ differentiation opportunities
- Thoughtful questions and discussions – elicit wider application of key skills across other subjects and beyond school life
Aids the delivery of the core elements of the spec.... Leadership, teamwork, communication and other core skills
- Includes teacher’s overview – highlighting support, preparation, skills developed and health and safety considerations for each activity
What do teachers say about this resource? (6297)
Very innovative ideas that the students really engaged with. The teacher that used it last half term recommended it to the rest of the team. Provides fun and interesting new ways to engage in OAA. A resource you can grab off the shelf and deliver without any time-consuming prep.
Good use of key learning skills, could imagine using with my sixth form students who are involved in lesson support / using for G&T learners to develop skills or as a guided discovery based lesson.
Teacher friendly... Nice and easy to follow. The resource aids the delivery of the core elements of the specification and matches the outcomes desired from the content.... Leadership, teamwork, communication and other core skills. From my experience, many PE teachers lack the knowledge and confidence to fully implement a good OAA programme into their curriculum due to lack of experience or good training. This resource therefore gives teachers different ideas for their lessons.
A very good idea, which allows for this area of study to be delivered without the need for leaving site. Format is pretty good on the whole and fairly easy to pick out information.