Outdoor Adventurous Activities (without going off-site)
22 physical and intellectual challenges developing a range of key transferable and life-based skills without the need to go offsite. Carefully constructed pair, small-group and whole-class activities get students planning, leading, debating, cooperating and analysing performance. Great for use as full lesson activities or as warm-ups/icebreakers.
Every activity includes:
- Clear defined aims – demonstrating the skills being developed during each challenge
- Step-by-step instructions and key rules – focused towards student-led learning!
- ‘Make it Harder’ differentiation opportunities
- Thoughtful questions and discussions – elicit wider application of key skills across other subjects and beyond school life
Covers key aspects of the National Curriculum Programme of Study, including ‘the use of a range of tactics and strategies’, ‘improving and analysing performance’ and ‘taking part in outdoor adventurous activities’.
- Includes teacher’s overview – highlighting support, preparation, skills developed and health and safety considerations for each activity