Writing Poems for KS3 English
Accessible for teachers and students!Take a fresh and positive approach to teaching KS3 English with this lively pack of tailor-made poems, notes and activities. Explore the key features of poetic writing including rhythm, imagery, structure and voice and challenge your students to apply these techniques to their own writing. Perfect for building those stepping stones to GCSE English.
Original poetry by a published poet
- 15 carefully constructed poems cover wide-ranging interests from childhood memories to Greek mythology
- Engage with a variety of poem styles and forms – rhymed and unrhymed, serious and comic, riddles and sonnets
- Ideal to use as a writing stimulus
- Packed with structured questions and long-answer experimental tasks
- Breaking the KS3 mould – tasks that perfectly balance creativity and criticism to encourage pupils to be writers as well as readers!
- Great for individual writing, small-group and whole-class discussions
The content is outstanding... I also very much appreciate the guidance on each poem – this allows for flexible lesson planning but offers insight from someone who knows the poems inside out... the poet! E Evans, HoD & Independent Reviewer
- Unique access to clear and detailed teacher’s notes
- Step-by-step lesson guidance makes planning simple
- Tried and tested by the author