Stretch & Challenge: Structuring Sentences & Texts - KS3 Higher Ability Writing
Get your high-flying pupils writing confidently and fluently with this challenging toolkit. Tackles 14 tricky techniques in KS3 writing including structure, complex sentences and comma splicing. Great for starters, plenaries or homeworks – perfect for bridging the gap between KS3 and the new GCSEs.
Clearly explains sentence and text structures and enables students to practise them in a structured way... Prepares students for the new GCSEs. E Plumpton, Teacher, Teacher & Independent Reviewer
- Concise notes in clear, student-friendly language
- Packed with useful charts and graphs to illuminate key features of successful writing
- Engaging exercises ensure students retain vital info
- 10 original example texts – from Facebook to Disney – with activities to make language analysis relevant and fun!
- Thought-provoking longer-answer writing tasks reinforce learning
- All new knowledge and skills tested in a final assessment
Includes self-assessment forms to focus students on troublesome areas and answers for easy marking.
A well-crafted resource, which would suit my students and help them develop and improve their writing skills... The informal tone and address made it instantly accessible. J Forth, Teacher, Teacher & Independent Reviewer