Reptiles in Art From Around the World for KS3
A 36-lesson scheme of work for KS3 Art, using the theme of reptiles as a starting point. This imaginative and creative resource offers a wealth of materials to use in lessons, with a flexible approach designed to accommodate the needs of your whole class.
Very imaginative... Would play an important part in opening up pupils’ minds to the variety of cultures in the world and in the UK... Absolutely great that this is differentiated, especially including pupils with special needs... A fascinating resource. B Procter, Art Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Renaissance Art
- African Art
- Indian Art
- South American Art
- Aboriginal Art
- Chinese Art
Six-lesson scheme of work for each of the six cultures
- Differentiation and homework ideas built in
- Inventive ideas for a range of activities and extended projects, listing what materials are needed
- A set of fully differentiated worksheets requiring no specialist materials – great for cover lessons!
- Student booklet built around an engaging dialogue between two art students, Cherry and Rob
- Pupil-friendly activities and ideas for further research, all linked to the SoW
Pupils are encouraged to explore their interests and strengths, and learn independently. As well as developing artistic techniques, they will build literacy and IT skills and, most importantly, learn to understand and appreciate the art of different cultures.