A* Writing Companion for GCSE AQA French Controlled Assessment
8 tried-and-tested strategies for boosting students’ grades in their Unit 4 writing controlled assessments. Focuses on accessible techniques that you and your students can easily use. Each strategy (Tenses, Opinions, Linking, Detail and Development) covers one subtopic of the specification.
Carefully thought-out structure to practise and develop each strategy, specifically in the context of writing:
- Useful, up-to-date tips
- Checklists – help students to identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Dictionary use – the benefits and dangers!
- Detailed explanation of each technique
- Practice exercises to ensure full understanding
- Consolidation task draws all techniques together
- Mini checklist for self-assessment
- Sample response with exercise to encourage analysis
- Glossary of useful vocab for linked topic
Plus! Final assessment preparation section including suggested task titles, pupil advice on ‘Tackling a Task’ and 3 additional tasks with sample responses.
Very obviously written by someone who really knows the subject well. I love the emphasis on quality, not quantity, and the section on idioms is a really nice touch J Hallam, French Teacher & Independent Reviewer