Programming with Java
Comprehensive theory notes and practical activities provide a rich programming experience for students. Includes everything your department needs to successfully teach Java at Key Stage 3, 4 or 5.
- Introduction to Java
- Numbers, Strings and Concatenation
- Variables and Data Types
- Selection and Comments
- Libraries and Error Handling
- Nesting, Algorithms and Strings
- Objects, Methods and Properties
- Arrays and Lists
- Writing to and Reading from Text Files
- Defining and Using Classes
Broken into ten chapters, each containing:
- Student-friendly explanations, interspersed with example code and packed with tips throughout!
- A wealth of practical activities, requiring students to apply their programming skills to a particular problem
- An end-of-chapter quiz to test students' understanding of Java (with answers)
Provided as ❶ a hard copy in presentation folder and ❷ a collection of PDF files, made accessible via an intuitive HTML front end.
- Consolidation task – drawing upon all skills previously learnt
- Model solutions to all activities (paper and electronic)
- Glossary of key terms