Jazz 1920 to 1960 AS OCR Student Guide (exams 2016-18)
For OCR AS Music: Unit G353, Sections B and C
- New Orleans Rhythm Kings – Tin Roof Blues
- Dizzy Gillespie & His Orchestra – Manteca
- Miles Davis Quintet – ’Round About Midnight
Clear, approachable and comprehensive analyses of every set work, with detailed information on musical, social and historical contexts. Includes learning activities throughout, as well as 47 exam-style questions for Section B and 6 for Section C for vital exam preparation.
- Detailed contextual information brings the music to life
- Guides students from a formal overview of each track through to coverage of individual musical techniques and features
- Offers a wealth of musical quotations based on original transcriptions of the set recordings to help students visualise the music
- Musical terminology thoroughly explained in context
- Full exemplar answers for every question
No other resource offers this level of detail!