Awakening Spirituality: SMSC Development Scheme of Work for KS3
Ten standalone lessons for KS3+ to ‘awaken spiritually’ – and meet OFSTED SMSC requirements! Carefully selected stories inspire students to think about the beliefs and experiences of others. Motivates students to reflect on their attitudes to themselves and the world around them.
- Detailed lesson plans to minimise planning
- PowerPoint to support class discussions and activities
- Pupil exercise booklet encourages students to reflect on their response to the story
- Self-contained lessons – tie in for an RS lesson or tutor/PSHE time!
- Plenty of ideas for follow-up with extension and cross-curricular links.
- Suitable for a range of ages and whole-school assemblies.
A highly valuable resource which will allow schools to become more active in SMSC education. R Dialino, Humanities Teacher & Independent Reviewer
The resource fits in very well with the overall aim of developing spirituality within the classroom. C Gibbs, RS Teacher & Independent Reviewer
From the author of the Young Philosopher Course.