You are viewing a teaching resource that has been retired.
It is likely that it has been replaced by a new edition for the new specifications.
Please go to our homepage to select your subject, level and exam board to find the latest version.
Strange Meeting: A Comprehensive Guide for A Level English
This comprehensive resource supports the teaching of Strange Meeting, Susan Hill’s 1971 war novel, particularly as part of the A Level English Literature AQA A specification. Accessible, clear and student-friendly analyses with discussion points throughout make the novel easier to teach or study. The analyses also focus on different parts of the novel by splitting it into manageable sections!
This resource enhances learning through providing highlighted examples of tone which is hard for many students to grasp through a written or verbal explanation
The resource comprehensively covers:
- How to study a novel
- Susan Hill & background to the novel
- Character analyses & key relationships
- Part-by-part analyses with key quotes
- Analyses of form, structure & genre
- Contextual influence & importance
- Thematic analyses
- Practice essay questions & creative writing prompts