Northern Lights Notes and Activities for KS3
Students are encouraged to:
- Discuss and interpret the actions of key characters throughout the novel
- Complete quick quizzes to demonstrate their comprehension & knowledge of each chapter
- Write creatively using key characters & moments in the novel as springboards for diary entries, letters, news reports, description, prose fiction & much more!
- Read and analyse extracts of the text to demonstrate understanding of the writer’s craft as well as spelling, punctuation & grammar
- Take part in discussions, role play & debates to practice their speaking and listening skills in relation to key ideas
All chapters are explored through:
- a brief summary
- class discussion points
- a comprehension quiz
- further activities linked to Reading, Writing or Speaking & Listening KS3 Assessment Foci
Starter, film, final tasks and teacher’s answers are also included to support a well-rounded and easy-to-deliver scheme. Six reading Assessing Pupils’ Progress grids included and matched to activities throughout the pack make the assessment process simple.
A solid base for a new scheme which many school may be hesitant about taking on. One read of this would reassure them immediately. E Evans, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer