Explaining the US Executive (A2)
Explaining Government and Politics at A2
Increase your students' understanding of core topics & interest them in current key political issues!
Timeless issues explained with up-to-date examples. Comes in 3 Parts:
'Fact-packed and very informative…
I liked how up-to-date the information is.… Good
mix of facts, case studies and exam points… The
information is up-to-date,
relevant to basics behind government and politics…
Its simple approach makes the
information easy for the learners
(and teachers) to take in and learn.'
- Detailed notes explain the key concepts
- Goes much deeper & relates part 1 to Key Current Political Issues
- Explains how information from part 1/2 can be used to improve examination answers – 'Model Solution' with examiner's commentary provided.
- Full and detailed explanations of each topic starting with the basics – 'The chief executive' 'What is the Executive Office of the President?'
- Linked key 'Exam Points' show how information can be used in the exam!
- 'Thinking Points' and 'Discussion Points' actively engage students
- Includes both a photocopiable A4 and an A5 booklet format
Explaining the US ExecutivePart 1 Creating the executive branch of government, the chief executive, the vice president, the cabinet, what is the Executive Office of the President? Independent agencies and others.
Part 2 Is the US bureaucracy too powerful? Is the president too powerful? Why is it so hard to impeach a US president? What makes a successful president?
Resources in the same series also available for AS Level!