Gothic Horror Short Stories Resource Pack & SoW (for Year 9 Gifted & Talented)
Gothic Horror Short Stories – Yr9 G&T Resource Pack & SoW
"Facilitates the transition from KS3 type study of
a text to a more in-depth, sustained analysis
required at KS4"
Prepare your more able KS3 pupils for A* thinking!
Pupils study 4 Gothic Horror stories all carefully selected for their interest. These short, accessible texts invite analysis of complex aspects such as narrative structure and language.
- 10 lesson SoW culminates with students writing a critical essay.
- 20 progressive worksheets develop skills and allow a comparison between texts and modern and pre-20th century language.
'I appreciate the connections to the AFs
and Literacy Framework: it's a scheme that would
look good in the department handbook, as all the
government boxes are neatly ticked! The
peer assessment in particular is a really
straightforward and helpful method of engaging the
students with the success criteria.'
'The resource had interesting, unique ideas... It
would be very effective with a high ability Key
Stage Three group as stated… I particularly
liked the idea of the modern and the traditional
short story compared and contrasted. This will move
pupils into understanding a critical essay layout,
etc. – crucial for GCSE.'
All 7 Reading Assessment Focuses completely covered!Includes:
- All 4 short stories included!
- 10 lesson plans including Starters, Plenaries and purposeful Homeworks
- 20 varied worksheets with answer provided
- Peer Assessment tasks – help pupils meet speaking and listening criteria
- Fully referenced to the Assessment Focuses and Literacy Framework
Positively endorsed by Marcus Sedgwick and Celia Rees
ALL 4 short stories included with the resource: