Heroes Study Guide
Heroes Study Guide
"It's your best resource yet that I've reviewed...
What an amazing resource… it
matches all the AOs in detail and has interpreted
them extremely well"
Matches new 2010 specification criteria for Edexcel & WJEC
DYNAMITE for the new specifications! Reviewers agree…
Includes original character and scene illustrations
- Detailed notes on every aspect of the novel to aid strong comprehension
- Questions and tasks throughout to support learning, test knowledge and for effective revision
- Thorough examination guidance and practice
- Exceptional differentiation via 'First Impressions' and 'Assessment Objectives in Pupil-Speak' for weaker students and special tasks for the more able!
- Exam material specific to each examination board, WJEC & Edexcel
- Guidance and tasks to ensure students are comfortable using the PEE framework for essays
Special Different Cultures notes specifically for Edexcel's genre categorisation of this text
</ br> This guide adheres to the requirements of the new specifications for GCSE Literature. The summary grid below indicates which units allow for the study of this text and the methods of assessment.
|English Literature||English Language||English|
|Edexcel||Unit 1: Understanding Different Cultures||Unit 2: The Writer's Voice — Section A: Studying written language (reading)||Unit 2: The Writer's Craft — Section B: Reading (prose)|
|One of seven texts prescribed for an exam.||One of seven texts prescribed for an exam.||One of seven texts prescribed for an exam.|
|WJEC||Unit 1: Section A — Different Cultures Prose||Unit 3: Literary reading & creative writing — studying written language(extended literary text)|
|One of five texts prescribed for an exam.||Optional text for controlled assessment.|
*For OCR Language and English, centres can either choose from the prescribed texts or they can choose their own text.