Sonnets Scheme of Work for Year 9: Responses to Reading
Sonnets Scheme of Work for Year 9
Responses to Reading
Contains a detailed, 6-lesson SoW addressing all 7 Reading Assessment Focuses using accessible pre-1914 poetry.
The structured lessons create a clear line of progress, enabling students to practice the reading skills required to engage with Shakespeare while:
- Introducing them to archaic language and poetic techniques,
- Extending their vocabulary and
- Developing their comparative writing skills.
- Cross-referenced to the new NLS
- The final assessment is an excellent diagnostic tool for APP
- Sonnets, sequencing activities, worksheets, vocabulary lists and modelled writing sheet all provided as handouts or OHTs