Lyrical Ballads Comprehensive Guide
Lyrical Ballads Resources for A Level English
Introduction to Lyrical BalladsWorkbook introducing students to Wordsworth and Coleridge's poetry. Designed to support learning alongside your own scheme.
- Notes on contexts (Style, Form/Genre and Romanticism)
- Detailed notes on the poems which are grouped thematically: Nature and the Sublime, Childhood and Memory, Imagination, Political and Social Commentary, and Women
- Sample essay plan and examination questions
- Internet research project
Comprehensive Guide to Lyrical BalladsA jam-packed complete guide to the poems, designed to complement the Activities and Worksheets.
- Notes on the Romantic movement
- Notes on the historical context
- Biographies of Coleridge and Wordsworth
- Extensive notes on the poems
- Example WJEC examination questions
Activities and Worksheets for Lyrical BalladsDesigned to complement the Comprehensive Guide to Lyrical Ballads (by the same author).
- Activities and ready-to-use worksheets on every poem, both individually and as part of thematic groups.
- Examination-style questions and activities covering themes such as Old Age, Childhood, Maternal Love, Social Injustice and Inhumanity, the Power of Nature, the Imagination and the Supernatural, and Journeys
- Wide range of relevant websites given for students' own research
|Meets targets for||Has also been identified for|
|WJEC Literature Unit 4 (Section A)||
Edexcel Literature Unit 4
OCR Literature Unit 4
WJEC Literature Unit 3
OCR Language and Literature Unit 2
Edexcel Language and Literature Unit 4
Listen to Lyrical Ballads on CDA 2-CD set containing professional recordings of the whole of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Thorn, The Idiot Boy and Goody Blake & Harry Gill.
- Provided as CDs to use in class and as mp3 files for students to download to their iPods
- Price includes site licence: make as many copies as you like for use by staff and students at your school
- Bring the ballads to life for your students!
Click here to listen to Part I of the Ancient Mariner