Great Expectations GCSE Study Guide (exams from 2017)
Break down Dickens’ timeless tale into manageable pieces with this brilliantly designed resource. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the novel and build exam skills as they go with a focus on extract analysis throughout.
Offers a lot of well-organised information and caters for a lot of different learning styles... The context, chapter overviews and range of activities are excellent. Would buy for this alone. The knowledge is in-depth and encourages further questioning and research. E Evans, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer (feedback for previous edition)
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice
Includes suggested answers to relevant tasks.