Poems of the Decade: AS and A Level Edexcel Exam Preparation Pack
Get your students exam-ready with this A Level Edexcel Exam Preparation Pack for Poems of the Decade. This jam-packed resource will enable your students to apply understanding and perfect exam technique with a multitude of revision activities, exam-style questions, model answers and essay-building tasks.
- Poem-by-poem revision notes and activities – honing in on the key revision points of each poem in terms of theme, poetic voice, language, form and structure.
- Heaps of unique exam-style questions not available from Edexcel – 15 for AS and 20 for A Level. Great for mocks!
- Uses unseen poems from Poems of the Decade anthology for the comparative aspect – boundless thematic links at the teacher’s disposal!
- Essay support section including:
- Approaches and templates for planning essays – breaks down essay questions into logical chunks
- Essay guidance, including how to open and structure an essay
- Plus! Key vocabulary for using in essays
- 14 original A Level sample essays (with detailed examiner comments) – familiarise students with examiner thinking.
- Plus! Essay 13 and Essay 14 provided as both medium and strong responses with marking exercises – helps students understand how to improve grades
- Student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for easy marking and self-assessment
- Includes indicative content for all relevant activities and all exam-style questions
A really useful resource; the author is clearly knowledgeable and has produced excellent exemplar essays, active learning tasks and persuasive analysis of the poems
Ready to embed into your revision programme in class or as homework.
What do teachers say about this resource? (11495)
A really useful resource; the author is clearly knowledgeable and has produced excellent exemplar essays, active learning tasks and persuasive analysis of the poems. There is a clear exam focus maintained throughout... Content is wholly appropriate for the level it is designed for. I really like that the author avoids a didactic approach and instead asks questions that challenge students to develop their own responses to the poems. This resource also helps students navigate exam responses and provides scaffolding for essay writing. As a teacher I would feel confident that using this resource would help to focus my students and target the requirements of the specification...
There is a great range of activities and they are varied... This is a fantastic resource!