Practical Companions for A Level OCR A Chemistry
Transform A Level practicals with these targeted resources – specially designed for CPAC (Common Practical Assessment Criteria) mastery! Move away from prescriptive methods and give your students independence with planning tasks, method scaffolds and exam-style evaluation. Full teacher notes included!
The CPAC mapping grid at the start is very good and the "wrap around" elements, i.e. the pre lab tasks and the Exam style questions, are a great way to fully embed the learning
- 11 PAGs (Practical Activity Groups) + 1 extra PAG-linked practical for Year 1 for further chances to meet CPAC criteria
- 10 PAGs for Year 2
- Pre-lab tasks empower students to develop their own practical methods!
- Follow-up tasks and exam-style questions provide valuable practice of analysis and evaluation
- Organisation and planning made simple:
- Sample data and answers for analysis for when the practicals go wrong!
- Technician notes simplify preparation
- Easy progress tracking with CPAC cross-reference tables
What do teachers say about this resource? (11234, 11235)
Overall I thought this was a good resource, with a holistic coverage of the practical work.
The CPAC mapping grid at the start is very good and the "wrap around" elements, i.e. the pre lab tasks and the Exam style questions, are a great way to fully embed the learning. The different sections for different roles (student/teacher/technician) are well presented and give an appropriate amount of information.
This is a good scaffold for a teaching order from a teacher perspective, but the added questions available, especially exam style questions, add great value.
The sample data is a great help for less experienced staff, but also to allow students to do data processing if there was an issue with the doing the practical work.
The resource is well matched to the specification with explicit links to AQA spec and the CPAC opportunities shown in the teachers notes page of each practical.
- A Level OCR Chemistry Component 01
- A Level OCR Chemistry Component 02
- A Level Practical Companion
- A Level Science Practical Companion
- Core organic chemistry
- Development of practical skills in chemistry
- Foundations in chemistry
- OCR Chemistry A Level
- OCR Chemistry Year 1
- Periodic table and energy
- OCR Chemistry Year 2